Friday, August 17, 2012

My baking has gone to the dogs...

That's right- I can't stop making home made goodies for my puppy! I like this version for the Brewers Yeast. It keeps your dogs coat nice, shiny and healthy!

Plain Dog Biscuits
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brewers yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup chicken stock (unsalted if possible)

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F. Mix all of the dry ingredients, then mix in the liquids slowly. Roll dough out on floured surface and cut some fun doggie shapes out with cookie cutters. If you want- this is where I added the dogs names to the bones with letters intended for cement stepping stones. Transfer the biscuits onto a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and then brush the tops with chicken stock. Rotate and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the oven off. I then take the biscuits out and coat any remaining visible flour with chicken stock and place back in the oven once again. The oven should remain off, but leave the biscuits in there until there are completely dry- about 2 hrs. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment