Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not exactly baking...


...but I thought I'd share anyways! Those who know me know I used to kill any plant within my care. Sad, but true. Somehow in my domestic bliss I have found I can care for succulents (because they barely need watering even in this Florida heat!) and apparently I have a knack for growing basil. From seed. Go figure. So, with a mass abundance of basil, and the fact I can only eat so many caprese salads, I decided to make pesto. It's so incredibly simple that I had to share. Olive oil, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic, a touch of red pepper and a ton of basil. Freeze and voila~ yummy fresh pesto anytime you want it!


1 comment:

  1. After so many cakes, it was probably nice for you to make pesto. And there's nothing like fresh, homemade, bright green pesto. We just had some for lunch stirred into cannellini bean soup. Delcious!

    ReplyDelete